Saturday, December 17, 2005

Simpsons and Religion

Can you tell I found a new Simpson site. Someday at HUMC i will do a short series on the Simpsons Bible Study.

Homer: I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So why should I spend half my Sunday hearing about how I'm going to Hell?

Krusty: So, have a merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah, a kwaazy Kwanza, a tip-top Tet, and a solemn, dignified, Ramadan. And now a word from MY god, our sponsors!

Homer: Your mother has this crazy idea that gambling is wrong. Even though they say it's okay in the Bible.
Lisa: Really? Where?
Homer: Eh, somewhere in the back.

Ned Flanders: They've broken every commandment except one.
Carl: Hey Lenny, covet some chili fries?
Lenny: You bet.
Ned Flanders: That's it. The whole shebang.

Homer: Jesus, Allah, Buddah. I love you all!

Apu: I have come to make amends, sir. At first, I blamed you for squealing, but then I realized, it was I who wronged you. So I have come to work off my debt. I am at your service.
Homer: You're selling what, now?
Apu: I am selling only the concept of karmic realignment.
Homer: You can't sell that! Karma can only be portioned out by the cosmos.
Apu: He's got me there.
Homer: I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is -- and it's me.

Homer: "You know, the one with all the well meaning rules that don't work out in real life, uh, Christianity"

Bart: Mom, can we go Catholic so we can get communion wafers and booze?

Lisa: I'm no theologian. I don't know who or what God is. All I know is he's more powerful than Mom and Dad put together.

Homer: God bless those pagans.

Barney: Jesus must be spinning in his grave!

Duffman: New feelings brewing inside Duffman... What... WOULD JESUS DO?!

Cletus: Stranger! You're tresspassin' on my dirt farm!
Man: Ah, do you happen to need a mesiah?
Cletus: No, but I'll take them sacks of money from ya.